Standing Desks are aesthetically pleasing with their clean lines and tall frames. In order to maintain that sleek look, you have to keep the top of your desk organized. Whether you are a natural neat freak or prone to being a little messy, having an organizational plan is key to keeping things tidy. Not only will this create a more attractive standing workstation, but being organized will also allow you to be more productive.
Here are a few ways to keep your stand up desk organized.
- Lighting. Lighting is important in order to keep your eyes focused and to prevent them from feeling too tired. Rather than wasting desk space with a lamp, consider using a floor lamp beside your standing desk. One with a moveable neck is best so that you can direct the light where you need it.
- Computer. Your computer screen should be at eye level and about 17 inches from your face. If you use a desktop, maintaining the proper levels will be easy. If you use a laptop, take the time to set it up just right each time you use it. After some time, it will become second nature to place your laptop in just the right spot on your stand up desk.
- Papers. While papers may not be the dominant form of communication these days, there will still be times that papers will flood your desk. Place papers in folders labeled by importance. Stacking folders on your desk will most likely leave those bottom folders neglected. A small vertical file folder will be best for keeping folders within your sight.
- Don’t get too Personal. Even though it is nice to have pictures of your family and special cards on your desk, these types of personal items can make your desk feel too cluttered. Keep your personal items to a minimum to maintain order. A picture or two are all you really need to make your space feel personal. Adding some greenery in the form of a hanging plant can help with the personal touch without taking up too much space.
- Utilize the Floor. When you are working at an adjustable height desk, the floor can become more space for storage. Using a filing cabinet underneath your desk gives you the room to keep up with documents that you may not need everyday, but still like to have close by.
- Make Room for White Space. Make sure that you leave some open space on your desk. There will be times that you need space to set papers to read over and sign. Having white space on your desktop keeps the space looking clean and uncluttered.
Keeping your desk organized is key to having a good day. Before you leave the office each evening, take a second to make sure everything is in good order to be sure you have a clean start the next morning. When you are ready to organize your space with the perfect standing desk, True North Desks has many options to choose from.